Saturday, March 24, 2018

Top 5 Treats You Should Check Out at the Corner Market




Yesterday I attended an event for the Corner Market. It was a private function for other media outlets to be able to try the merchants' offerings at Corner Market.


As much as I want to say everything there is amazing, I actually picked five of the places and food you should check out at Corner Market.


These are in no particular order guys so don't expect there is a ranking.



1. Meat Depot


I am a meat lover ever since I could remember but when I saw Meat Depot earlier I was astounded by the selection of meats they have that are fresh. The have both local and imported meat that are regularly checked for freshness.



They had Prime tapa and Longganisa Macao to let us try out.

And lets just say my love for meat is stronger than ever.

They source their local meat from Batangas to ensure the freshness and also the quality of the meat if you prefer your meat to come from local sources.

2. Sundays



Ice cream. That is all I need to say.

One that I can recommend is their dark chocolate ice cream. The texture of the ice cream was super amazing along with the crafted wafer - yes! they have crafted wafers in six different flavors!


Honestly if I can just stay in their stall to try every flavor I will do that and just experiment with the myriads of combinations I can make in my head.


I love ice cream guys so give me a break.

3. Decadent Chocolate Cake from The Rabbit Hole. 



As much as I can say I love ice cream, chocolate brings in the happiness for me. The first bite I had with this cake I thought I held hands with it and danced in glee - no kidding! It was THAT good.

The sponge cake was a bit bitter which compliments the taste of the icing along with the ganache on top. The icing wasn't too sweet to give you a sugar spike at any moment. It was just the right blend of sweetness and bitterness.

4. Beef Pho and Spicy Mango Drink from Ca Phe Saigon.



If you can see in the picture we were only given a small sample of the Beef Pho...but it was soo good I want more!


I love Pho and it is quite close to my heart as I remember a dear close friend because of it. The taste of Ca Phe Saigon is very authentic since the mother of the owner is Vietnamese! They also use organically grown basil! You guys know I love basil its an amazing plant.


Okay I will stop there.

The Spicy Mango drink is something else if you want a one of a kind drink. Its basically made with sweet mango, water, some basil and a dash of cayenne...if my taste buds are correct.

It is refreshing but the spiciness kicks in at the end which will jolt you up. I would love to try that with tons of ice to see what would happen.

5. Adlai at Gusto Fast and Fresh. 



I will talk about Adlai more on some upcoming posts but the best thing about that is its readily available at Gusto Fast and Fresh!



They actually added Adlai into their Kani Sesame Salad which I love because its taste and texture are just like a burst of life into your usual salad fix. And who says vegetable dishes are supposed to be boring?

I know most of you are hungry now. I will just tell you that instead of munching into that bag of chips or cookies, book yourself a foodie day adventure at The Corner Market. They are located at the 2nd
Level of The Podium in Mandaluyong.

Have fun on your foodie adventure guys!

Much Love!
xx Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment