Monday, September 10, 2012

Dining out with my girls at Don Day


Hello ladies!

I would just like to share to you my experience eating at Don Day restaurant.

I came to know this restaurant from an office colleague since she went there with her friend and her friend's boyfriend. I was a bit surprised when I got there because it was not as I expected it to be, but not in the bad way of course.


Click the picture for a closer look.

I was quite surprised that even on a Saturday night, this place is packed. Mostly by people that lived near the area and also some Koreans that want to eat and drink some soju.


There are two options for their buffet - the first one only consists of the buffet which is actually okay if you ask me, this costs only 199 per head. The other one is the samgyupsal buffet which consists of the buffet + the samgyupsal which is grilled meat wrapped in lettuce, this one is 299 per head. I opted for the buffet since I've had samgyupsal earlier that week. 


As per the food served at the buffet, it is a mix from jeon (pancakes) to stir fried food. There was also napa cabbage kimchi which is a staple in every Korean restaurant.


I was able to go back three times to the buffet station, the picture that you see above is my first plate. I did put the kimchi in the middle because I want to mix it with the other food I got. 

I was also able to try their soup. I believe its made from pumpkin which was a tad sweet that made me not get another bowl. I was also able to drink soju which was awesome. Soju smells like rubbing alcohol but the effects are worst than vodka. 

I was able to down two shots of this and I had to stop because I don't want to ruin my full tummy.


I can say that the food is awesome since its not your typical Korean restaurant, you can get more than what you paid for but I have to warn you to not over eat yourself because you would look like having a baby in your tummy LOL.


I was a bit disappointed because there was not enough ventilation in the area that we were at. It was bit irritating because the smoke from the grill on the other table kept getting into my eyes which is so bad. I was also a bit concerned with their staff because some of them don't even take notice of us when we need a refill on water or red iced tea.

Over all I like the place, I would really advise you go here when its night time because the grill can be too hot to handle if you will go with the samgyupsal buffet. I give this restaurant a 4 out of 5 stars.

See our table? That is what you call KAIN! LOL 



Don Day Korean Restaurant is located at 40 Malingap Street, Teacher's Village East, Quezon City, Metro Manila.

Have you eaten here? What do you think?

Let me know what you think on the comment box below.

Much Love!

-- Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment