Monday, October 21, 2019

Korean Seoul Food at Jang Geum Kitchen


Korean food is slowly emerging as a favorite for all Filipinos and its also become my favorite too so I am very excited to share to you this restaurant I checked out at Met Live Mall in Pasay City - Jang Geum Kitchen.


Compared to other contemporary Korean restaurants who offer unlimited food, Jang Geum is more on the traditional way how restaurants are and their price range is a bit more than the usual range I would go for but the food is super worth it I promise you and great to share with the fam or with your friends.




One thing I can say with this restaurant is the aesthetic is on point! One thing I do love about the interior of Jang Geum Kitchen is that its like you are in a modern take on a mom and pop or family owned Korean restaurant. Another thing I liked in their interior is most of the things in their menu is written in Hangul so if you are studying Korean you will get a knack in translating the menu. But there is also an English translation in their menu.



They also have an open kitchen concept which is cool because you can see the kitchen staff work and create amazing dishes. The coolest part of this restaurant is the owner is also the head chef so you are assured of the quality of the food being served to you.

Here are my recommendation from Jang Geum Kitchen


Mix Meat Plate (Medium 1500 Large 2200)

I know what you are thinking - ITS TOO EXPENSIVE! But here is the catch if you order this with about 5 more for the large serving you will actually get more because they have huge servings. The Mix plate platter comes with pork belly, beef shoulder blade and spare ribs along with some vegetables and it has been pre cooked so when they serve it, you just have to cook it more to your liking. This also comes with side dishes that are uniquely Korean and can fill you up too. I would suggest getting the fried rice or the rice ball for side dishes because it complements the taste of the meat.



Ddeok bok gi (950 pesos)

This is by far my favorite Ddeok Bok gi! This is not just a spicy rice cake but is a whole meal if you ask me. It has thick cut rice cake, dumplings, fish cake, hard boiled egg and pork katsu with cheese sauce. lowkey I am craving it while writing this because its sooo good! If you are not a fan of spicy food you might not like it but if you want to try authentic Korean spicy rice cake I would suggest you give this a try. And don't come at me in the comments on how steep the price is because I would tell you that this is worth every peso and can feed about 4-5 people. So don't come at me and try it first okay?



Rice ball

I actually love this one because this one is cool to eat because you can do a rice ball in it. The serving is enough for two and its fun especially for kids. This comes in two flavors: Naichi and Tuna. Its like a bibimbap but is much more fun to eat.

Aside from the aesthetic, Jang Geum is really a restaurant I would recommend this restaurant if you want to try Korean comfort food with your friends and family.

Much Love!

xx Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment