Monday, November 11, 2019

Modern Table 082 Brings out the classy side in Korean Food


NOTE: SOME OF THE FOOD DOESN'T HAVE A PICTURE IN IT BECAUSE MY MEMORY CARD GOT CORRUPTED AND I HAD TO REFORMAT IT I AM SO SORRY >0<

I love Korean food and if you haven’t noticed I like eating at different places and ways
Korean food is served and some time ago we went and tried Modern Table 082. Modern Table 082
is located at City of Dreams and serves a variety of Western and Korean dishes.

It's actually easy to find since its at the upper level of City of Dreams and
it's quite accessible with the parking area. On the outside you will be able
to see that they have a quite large and open dining area with big television
showing different sport programs ranging from the European to South Korean sport broadcasts.
It may look like a typical sports bar but don’t let the facade of this restaurant fool you because
the food is actually great. 

As I have mentioned, their menu is quite large and the prices are quite up there since it is
located in City of Dreams but it won’t leave you disappointed and the servings are quite huge.
Me and the crew were able to enjoy quite a lot from their menu and here are my top picks.


Shrimp Chicken (Php1290) 

This dish consists of spicy creamy sauce on pan fried chicken and butter grilled shrimp and
mozzarella cheese and when it is served, it will be flamed up for an added smokiness for the
meat and cheese goodness. This was actually one of the dishes that I am quite excited to
try to see if its really spicy but if you ask me it is on a very mild level and the mozzarella
topped on it gives a different dimension or flavor to the whole dish.
The chicken and shrimp were cooked to be just right and juicy. A serving of this dish
is actually perfect for 5 people so if you are a large group dining at Modern Table 082
this is definitely a great main dish to try. 


Bacon Potato Pizza (Medium Php 699 Large Php 999)

Baked Potato wedges and bacon on top this pizza is a new concept for me since it literally had
a potato wedge in the middle of each slice and it is quite basic in terms of taste but if you bite
into the potato wedge which is baked the creaminess of the potato adds a little kick in the whole
pizza. 

I like the presentation and taste and I think this is great with children because its a very simple
pizza with a potato on it which actually great since you would also be feeding them vegetables
in small ways. I am an aunt of three kids so I know the struggle of parents since the majority of
my life offline is taking care of those kiddos so maybe next time we go to there I will let them try
this. 

These kiddos are not picky eaters but they have their standards when it comes to pizza so I
think this will pass their standard. 


Gorgonzola (Medium Php 799 Large Php 1099)

This is probably the kind of pizza I will get if I am with my sister or my friends because its
light and slightly sweet since it will be served with a drizzle of honey. I liked this quite a lot
and since its thin dough doesn’t overpower the cheese that much. It might be an acquired
taste on your first bite, but trust me this is a great pizza to enjoy not just with the ladies but for
the whole family. 

The King of Cheese Pasta (Php 799)

I will admit that we picked this because it looked cute that it will be served table side and it's
quite a feat in seeing the chef mixing the pasta with the cheese. The taste is very creamy but
not overwhelming to the palate since most of the dishes that we have eaten consisted of cheese
too. And although this might be the most expensive pasta I have tried, the serving is enough for
a group so you are getting a great deal out of this dish. 

Soju Mojito (php 595) 

This is actually a drink I had and yes it is an alcoholic beverage so don’t judge me because I
really want to try this. Its actually a different take to the mojito I have tried before since the kick
of the alcohol was kind of instant since they used soju but its not going to make you drunk
immediately if you ask me. The presentation is simple but the taste is phenomenal and I think
the next time I will be at City of Dreams this will be my drink of choice. 

The drink choices at Modern Table 082 is varied to your liking.
They also serve local beers and international ones - even ones that I have never heard of.
And of course they have soju so if you want to enjoy the night with it you can get it at
Modern Table 082. 

And if alcohol is not your fancy, they also serve coffee, soda, juices and smoothies especially
if you will be with younger ones on your foodie trip here.  

Oreo and Mango Bingsu (php 599/each) 

And of course, why would I forget dessert! The only dessert I was feeling that night was
something cool and they have three variants of bingsu: Strawberry, Mango, and Oreo.
We got the Mango and Oreo thinking it was a small serving but boy were we wrong!
The serving is fit for about 2-3 person and it doesn’t skimp out on the toppings.
The Mango was sweet but not too much and the mango cubes were big and the shaved ice
along with the milk is just divine and a right way to end our feast at Modern Table 082. 

The oreo bingsu is also amazing I am surprised with it because even if the shaved iced
overpowered the oreo it tasted so good! If you will be asking if this is great for kids I would
definitely say yes to it because its chocolate taste doesn’t get watered down one bit. 

Overall, Our experience at Modern Table 082 is amazing and definitely one of the places
I will go back to in the future. I do appreciate that their staff is very attentive and one of the
coolest features they have is on every table there is a button where you can call their staff
instead of calling them out the traditional way which lessens the hassle if it's quite busy. 

Another thing I would like to add too is they have a smoking area that is well ventilated,
so to my smoker friends out there you don’t have to worry if you have to go far just to
smoke because I know the hassle of it.

Modern Table 082 is located at the Upperground Floor, City of Dreams, Paranaque City. 
Contact number: (02) 8888-0082
Facebook: Facebook.com/moderntableph

Much Love! 

Xx Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment