Saturday, September 21, 2019

Going Crazy For Takoyaki at Crazy Tako



One thing I haven't told you guys is I grew up eating a lot of Japanese food because of my mom's work and I am so happy that one of my favorite Japanese snack is locally available and I think I have found the perfect place to get it from and the place I am talking about is Crazy Tako!

But before we go on to Crazy Tako let's define first what is Takoyaki.

Takoyaki is a ball-shaped Japanese snack or appetizer made of wheat flout-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan. Usually it is filled with minced or diced octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger and green onion.

And one of the best places I have tried takoyaki is at Crazy Tako in UP Town Center. To be honest, UP Town Center is quite far from where I live but I am willing to commute there or to any location to have this. 

The reason why is because their Takoyaki reminds me of the one I had as a child that was prepared to me by my second Oka san or mother Ayumi. The batter to octopus ratio is just right and it was cooked to perfection. As someone who has eaten authentic Japanese food from childhood I know that this was made from products from Japan o sadyang perfected ko lang tastebuds ko sa ganitong bagay.

 With Crazy Tako, most of the ingredients are imported from Japan, not including the octopus which is locally sourced. Another thing that makes me like Crazy Tako more is their special sauce that is also homemade which is quite hard to perfect. 


Aside from Takoyaki, Crazy Tako also serves octo fingers which are deep fried octopus tentacles and I will tell you even without the dipping sauce it is so good! this was actually the first thing that I first munched on was this and I honestly got addicted to it that I have actually went back a couple of times this week just for that. By the way you can try the octo fingers for only 99 pesos which is well worth every piece. 

And if you are also wondering Crazy Tako's Takoyaki is available in 4pc for 58 pesos and 8pc for 99 pesos so its definitely not something to break the bank.


For more info you can check out Crazy Tako's official Facebook account here for more information and also their locations (Which is 10 and counting!!) 

Much Love! 

xx Alice 


No comments:

Post a Comment