Thursday, September 19, 2019

Yummiest Ramen Below 200 pesos at Yummy Tokyo

And yes I am back to blogging! dzai namiss ko to! 



And today's review is all about Yummy Tokyo! Honestly its been a hot minute since I had some ramen that didn't come in a Styrofoam cup (I'm talking to you Nissin Japan I freakin love you!) and quite honestly I think I have found my comfort food again for this rainy season. 

 Ramen is a staple in Japanese cuisine and quite frankly this is by far the most affordable that I have tried in a while. For as low as 149 pesos you would get to enjoy authentic Japanese ramen, who would say no to that?

Okay I'll tell you why I think this is an authentic Japanese ramen place is because the person who concocted the recipe for the ramen is actually Japanese and also their curry ramen is made from a curry powder that can only be bought in Japan! and yes I have it in my house and use it to as many dishes as possible so don't judge me.


And also Ramen isn't supposed to be a very complicated process. If you have been to Japan, most Ramen shops would have around the same or less items on their menu like in Yummy Tokyo. The whole reason for that is not to confuse the customers and also ramen is sort of food in Japan that is a no-hassle-needed when you order and eat them.


Okay I know you want to know about the ramen that I have tried and yes I tried several so I get the full experience so here goes.

Spicy Miso

I know what you are thinking - is it super spicy? Personally I don't think so, its more of a slow burn kind of spiciness for me which I actually prefer than the kind of spicy that burns you instantly. I love my taste buds and I don't want them to suffer on that kind of spice attack,but with the spicy miso its starts out mellow then from the side of your tongue to your throat you will feel that slow burn which is actually nice if you are eating this on a rainy day.

Tantanmen

This is one of their best sellers and I am not surprised why. The creamy and slightly nutty flavor of this ramen just gives me enough feels to admit that this is my favorite too. Tantanmen is perfect for those that is trying out ramen for the very first time. Its mild flavor will swoop you in and not fail to warm you in the best way possible.

Curry

This would be my top 2 favorite out of the bunch because I love curry! The taste is quite bold because of the curry powder they use that also has some turmeric so expect a little spicy kick to it. This is more in the line of season ramen lovers because its quite complex but still doesn't intimidate your taste buds.

Cold Ramen

This is actually the under dog out of all the ramen that I have tried at Yummy Tokyo. This has a whole other level of taste since its not typically served hot like the rest of the other ramen in Yummy Tokyo. This has a vinegar-like taste so its quite sour but oddly enough its refreshing too. Its simple, basic and clean taste is actually the perfect palette cleanser if you prefer to eat quite a few bowls of ramen in the first place.

And besides from the ramen they also offer Onigiri and Gyoza which are also two staples for Japanese people everyday.


Currently they have 4 variants on their Onigiri but I was only able to try their Spam and mayo which is also my favorite and onigiri is the kind of food that you don't fail in execution and taste because its just rice with a topping on the inside of it. Their Gyoza is also a surprising twist on my dining experience because it was so thin its kind of scary to use chopsticks with this but it didn't break thank goodness. The taste is also superb and quite fresh if you ask me.


Overall my experience at Yummy Tokyo is definitely something I will go back for more. Check out their social media for more information about their latest offering and promos!

Much Love
xx Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment