Saturday, September 19, 2020

Pandesal and Other Pinoy Favorites at D's Corner


Hey guys! Its been a while since I wrote a full on review. Life happened recently so if I sound kind of weird - This might be because I have been stuck at home WAY.TOO.LONG! 

But being stuck at home does not mean we can't enjoy some comfort food - like pandesal! 

With all the rage of Ube Pandesal nowadays, it has just become too saturated with other brands that sometimes there has been too many of options we can't seem to decide who makes it better. I have tried some recently and I will share to you one place you can get amazing Ube Pandesal and other Pinoy bread favorite - D's Corner. 

D's Corner is an online shop where in you can order Ube Pandesal, Cheese Bread and also Spanish Bread. If this is your first time reading my blog, please be warned that I can get very descriptive when it comes to the food I have tasted so make sure to have food to munch on because I don't want to see comments anymore saying I made them crave or worst Hungry haha! 



First one up is their Cheese bread. These bite sized munchies were actually the first one I liked because its packed and the sweetness is just right. Each Cheese bread is packed with flavor and its quite dense and highly addictive if you ask me. The size is also just right to eat while writing or enjoying your favorite show. Let's not kid ourselves that we don't do that okay because I actually do that because being stuck at home would make you do things like this. 


The second one I tried is their spanish bread. If you did not grew up around your lolos and lolas you wouldn't know why this is one of their favorites. I grew up with my lola always requesting this as her afternoon snack. As a young child of the 90's most of my afternoons were consisted of being babysat by my grandmother, watching her afternoon dramas with her and just let time pass. This reminded me of those days. 

The sweet filling was just enough and its also perfect to be paired with your choice of drink. I remember my grandmother loves to drink coffee alongside her afternoon spanish bread. If you try this with coffee you can thank me later. 



Last but definitely not the least, is the ube pandesal. When I first got this I was a bit surprised because it didn't really looked like the usual Ube Pandesal in the market. You can say its not aesthetically pleasing at first because the color looks weird, but don't let that fool you because this actually taste amazing! The bread is soft, flavorful and bouncy. Its quite similar to the bread of Pan De Manila but not as airy as Pan De Manila's Pandesal - Don't come at me okay I am just stating facts! 

The filling it has is amazing too because its like it has been layered in the bread to which each bite you will taste it. Its sweet and has quite thick viscosity similar to caramel or yema but not as sweet as that. I like how this bread can be enjoyed on its own or pair it up with your drink of choice. I paired this is almond milk while my nieces and nephew enjoyed it with some milk tea and they loved it.

Overall I would say try D's Corner is definitely the place to try amazing Filipino treats like these! Make sure to place your order on or before Wednesday and your order will be delivered every Saturday. 

Check out their social media page here for more information. 

Much Love and Stay Safe Always,

XX ALice 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment