Monday, April 17, 2017

Kalel Demetrio Bar Crawl Experience Part 4! (OH MAY GHAD LAST NA TO???)


Mini rant: (please forgive me) Now guys at this point of writing this article I have eaten 2 veggie burgers and 3 liters of water to suffice the need to go back to these establishments – That is how passionate I am when I am writing so don’t curse me behind your keyboards saying that you got hungry reading this because I, TOO am hungry!

Okay with that over let’s go to the last bar we went to for the bar crawl.

This time we went to XXXX or 2020. This establishment is the child of the bohemian age in the 90’s in Malate, Manila. I grew up in the 90’s and to be honest this thus remind me of the places my brother and his friends would bring me when I tag along him on his adventures with his friends.

I grew up with a brother that is a night owl so now you know why I am mostly awake at night rather than sleep early.


The walls are decorated with paintings by various artists that are sold off and the paintings are different every few months so you may say it is also an art gallery of sorts. 2020 still has that cozy vibe despite being an “underground” scene for the young professionals from the corporate world who would like to escape the corporate life for a bit.

They are open from Wednesdays till Sunday and from what I heard this is a place you can just chill out and be in the crowd.


As for the food that was served, we were served the 3-way soft shell taco. Its served 3-way due to the way the meat were served and then topped with aioli sauce with finely chopped chorizo. It also comes with a pimiento based sauce which is creamy and gives the tacos a distinct flavor to it.

Along with this, was Chef Kalel’s drink selection which is Querida.


The base of Querida is Barik Supremo Lambanog along with some personally made syrups Chef Kalel made and topped with a burning basil leave on top. The drink gives off an earthy aroma which complements the fruity flavor of the drink coming from the passion fruit.

We also got a taste of Barik Supremo Lambanog in its purest form and mind you I was not prepared for it!

I was actually scared of drinking it because the aroma is lethal! But you know me, I don’t back down to a challenge so I tasted it and man its good! The aroma of the lambanog dies down after a few sips.
But a word of caution – this is not for light drinkers! I don’t want to be held responsible if you young 
ones try this out and black out after one glass!


This drink is more of a one glass kind if you are on your own, but if you are with good company take it in small amounts okay?

Again, moderation is key in effective drinking. I learned that from other seasoned drinkers that could last hours in a drinking session.

One thing I learned during the bar crawl that there is a lot of great places to spend time with your friends so try visiting these places!

And the proper way of drinking is knowing your limit. If you think you have had enough but you don’t want to leave the pack, be there as a support system for them!

If you are planning a night out with your friends make sure to try these places out along with Chef Kalel’s recommended drinks!

Much Love!
Xx Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment