Monday, March 28, 2011

What is your Favorite summer treat?


Summer is finally here!

I've thought about this post for a while and I think this is the right time to share my favorite summer treats for you! ^_^




1. Halo halo, Saba con yelo, Sago't Gulaman

I've put these three at the top of my list mainly because these are the summer treats I grew up loving all these years.

I think that my summer wouldn't be complete without these three ^_^



2. Ice Scramble

Ice Scramble had a reputation of not being a good afternoon treat for the kids back then.

I was actually not allowed to have one up until I was 12.

Ice Scramble is basically shaved ice, skimmed milk, chocolate or strawberry syrup and some toppings.

I love that you can easily buy this anywhere nowadays. There is a stall or kiosk of ice scramble in every corner. Okay I will definitely have this tomorrow for dessert! haha!



3. Granita and Gelato.

This is an Italian treat I love. Granita is like a cold drink with fresh fruits. Gelato is basically Ice cream ^_^

I had a taste of Granita when my aunt from Italy came home 2005 and she made one for me and my cousins.

Gelato is what I really like the most because its creamier than the local ice cream and it has fruit bits in it.


4. A glass of cold Iced tea.

This one is a no-brainer since I drink Iced tea almost every day.

I actually drink iced tea more than water... is that even normal? haha!

I like to make my own iced tea at home. I don't really like drinking the instant iced tea because they have lots of sugar which is bad (Sorry Nestea!)



6. Ice cream!

This is my guilty pleasure.

Ice cream would just make you want to forget anything when it is hot.

I usually eat Ice cream 2 times a week which is kind of normal if you ask me. I wouldn't recommend eating more than that per week because it has lots of sugar which can be bad for you.

So these are my favorite treats for summer. I actually have more than 6 but these will do. ^_^

So... what is your Favorite summer treat? let me know in the comment box or at the cbox

have a great summer!

much love!

-- Alice


No comments:

Post a Comment