Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spicy Stir Fried Tofu with Veggies



Ola! 

I have been eating Tofu as a substitute for meat this past few weeks and I have actually gotten used to it. The weird this is There are those days that I get sick of the taste of the same old stuff my mom cooks for me so in order for me not to get sick from the same old tofu meal my mom makes me I made my own recipe. 



Usually my mom would make me stir fry tofu and veggies. Its great but I need an extra kick, and I think the kick I needed was gochujang (red chili pepper paste)  

Here's how you do it. 

Ingredients: 

5 tbsp gochujang (depends on how spicy you want it)
1/2 cup of veggies of your choice (I used lettuce in this one)
1 tbsp of oyster sauce / soy stir / soy sauce
1 cup of cubed tofu 
1 tbsp oil

How to: 

1. stir fry veggies and tofu in oil until veggies will have a translucent-like appearance. 
2. add remaining ingredients and stir well. 
 3. turn off heat. let it cook for at least 2 mins without heat. 
4. Serve.

Its fairly simple and you can do this in approximately 20-30 minutes. Since my mom actually don't like it really spicy I would add sugar to lessen the spiciness. I assure you it work! :D 

I am not a chef or anything so don't judge me ayt? haha! 

Much Love! 

-- Alice


No comments:

Post a Comment