Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tofu Omelete!!


I love tofu! I love tofu! I love tofu! Did I say I love tofu? Haha! 

When I was starting out my diet I rarely ate meat and since I like meat a lot I need to get an alternative meat source. I know it sounded like I'm addicted to meat but I can honestly say meat is something I really crave - especially Korean beef! oh just thinking about it makes me cringe since I haven't eaten Korean beef in 3 months (note to self: MUST.EAT.KOREAN.BEEF.SOON). But this post is not about meat but more on tofu! 



I initially hated tofu...why you ask? I just hated it when I was a kid since its really stinky. I actually called it stinky back then and my parents can't even sway me in eating it because I hated it that much. 

But since I have been on a diet I have appreciated the taste of the tofu and other soy products. I seriously got addicted to soy milk before and now I am addicted to tofu! 

Making your tofu omelet is  really simple here are the ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup of tofu (mashed or cubed)
1 1/2 tbsp of oil 
salt and pepper to taste
ketchup (optional)

Procedure: 
1. Beat the two eggs well. 
2. Heat your frying pan. 
3. Mix in mashed or cubed tofu into egg mixture with salt and pepper. 
4. Pour egg mix into the frying pan. 
5. Serve with ketchup and rice or bread. 

Try this out if you want to get away from meat once in a while.

Much Love!

-- Alice

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Alice! I also don't like the smell, but I'm inclined to cook this soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this one for sure! Its a great alternative also :) Thanks for dropping by! ^^,

      Delete