Sunday, December 20, 2015

Taste of Capitol in Tomas Morato


Tomas Morato is one of the 'foodie' hubs here in Quezon City because there are a variety of restaurants that can cater to any cravings you have - From sweet boba (bubble milk tea) or to a fine dining experience its basically there. 

One of the newest addition to that is Taste of Capitol. Originally based in Kapitolyo, Pasig, Taste of Capitol moved in QC since it has a larger audience here. 



If you check out their menu, its mostly American food with a Filipino twist. The prices are also very reasonable and the portions are bigger than usual so make sure to bring your friends here to enjoy their savory dishes. 



The interior reminds me of cafes and restaurants I've seen on some American television shows. Its very artsy as well since all of their tables and walls are painted with colorful street art. Its very cozy but very hipster-like. 


This is their meatball. Compared to those that I've tasted this is a bit on the sweet and savory side due to the gravy or sauce. The sauce is not too liquidy nor too thick since if its either the sauce will overpower the meat ball. The meat itself is not too dry on the inside. 


Typically a Tex-Mex staple, Nachos are actually something most Americans enjoy since its very easy to make and the recipe is easy to tweak out for your personal preference. I love how the meat was just right and the tomatoes were just as fresh as if they were just picked up from the garden and chopped up. I was not really a fan of the cheese which was weird because that is one of the things that I look forward the most in nachos. 


Tortillas! 


This is actually one of my favorite food to make since the recipe is so easy to do and you can improvise. I also love to cook this for my brother since he likes to multi task so he can eat and do his job at the same time. As for this one, I like the tortilla bread since its not too stiff nor stale. The meat and vegetables were a bit chunkier in my taste but it has a nice texture. 


They also have a smaller version if you want something for sharing. And this is literally one bite for me. Its like eating a ssambap without the lettuce and replacing it with the tiny tortilla. 


They also serve one of the yummiest mojitos in all of QC that is. And it comes in 2 sizes which was a big shock to me because when they served this to me I thought it would just be a tall glass, but it was actually for sharing - My bad! But this is really the best I tell you. 



They also serve flavored beers so if you have a liking in that kind make sure to try the ones they have at Taste of Capitol. 

I think Taste of Capitol is a nice place to hang out with your friends, especially if you are a foodie because most the food that they offer are really good and fit for your budget. Check them out on Tomas Morato and taste a different side of American dishes with a Filipino twist. 

Much Love! 

xx Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment