Sunday, June 18, 2017

Perfect Destination: Visiting Sumlang Lake in Albay


Hey guys! 


I am back with another travel blogpost. I recently went to Albay to see the Magayon Festival celebration and along with that we were showed different places in Albay as well! 


I will be making a whole series about the places that we went and also the food that we ate so don't expect that I will over load you with pictures from the whole trip in this post okay? 

Let's get started! 

When we first arrived in Albay, we actually checked into The Pepperland Hotel. 

The last time I was in Albay I was about 12 years old and I remember we only picked up someone in Albay then went back to Naga so the Albay I remembered was so different then to now. 
On our first day the itinerary consisted of visiting Sumlang Lake. 


Sumlang Lake is one of the newest places the tourism office of Albay has opened to the public and it has only been open for a couple of years. 

When we first arrived we were welcomed by the souvenir shop which showcased so many locally made products of Albay like Pili and Abaca and also cool furniture that were also locally made.

 


When you go to Sumlang Lake there is an entrance fee of about 10-20 pesos and that includes gazing at the wonder of Mayon Volcano in its background. 


You can also go on a short cruise along the lake  and take pictures! 



I was wearing ballet flats and jeans so I wasn't ready to get wet in these jeans but maybe next time I will try the lake cruise. 


One of the things I am so amazed with this is that they have cabanas and swings that invites you to just rest and feel at ease with mother nature. 

It was quite early on our itinerary so I was able to take lots of pictures and also just enjoy the view.

Mayon wasn't really giving us a great view though which was a bummer but there were more things to discover in Albay so I am so excited! 

That's it for this part of the series because I don't want to bore you guys too much. 

Make sure to check back for more! 

Much Love! 
xx ALice

No comments:

Post a Comment