Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Where to Eat in Albay: Rayben's Resto Bar and Grill


One of the things I am actually really excited is trying out food from Albay. 

Its really weird but even though I have friends that live in Albay but I still prefer to eat the real thing where it came from. 

So for our first lunch in Albay we went to Rayben's Resto Bar and Grill. The way they have the place set up is really simple but their food is THE BOMB!


Their bicol express is spicy as I can remember and it left me reaching for more rice and its sooo nice to partner this with rice. Its rich coconut milk taste is there but the spiciness kicks you right in the curb. 


 Rayben is actually known for their version of Pinangat which is also called Laing which is made from meat, taro leaves, chili and coconut milk. 

This is the first time I have tried this in Albay and ever in my life so I was floored with the taste that I actually ate the second plate all by myself. Its creamy taste and soft texture is just A-MA-ZING I actually asked my mama why didn't she make this at home since she knows how to cook this! 

Didn't got a reply though from my mama which sucks. 


 We also ate a lot more but these two dishes really stood out to me because its a basic and must eat when you are in Albay. 

You can check out Rayben's at Camalig, Albay!

Much Love!

xx Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment