Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Your Perfect Destination: Visiting St. John the Baptist Church and Daraga Church


If you are someone looking for churches to visit in Albay then read on. 

I grew up Catholic so as much as possible when I visit a new place, I want to see a locally known church to pray and also make a wish.

In Albay I was able to visit some like these two I will be sharing to you guys.

The first one we visited is St. John the Baptist Church in Camalig, Albay. Originally built in the early 1600s but was destroyed during the Mayon Volcano eruption in 1814 which was reconstructed in 1837 and finished in 1845.

It still stands to this day and has regular masses.




Now let's go to Daraga Church shall we?


Also known as the Nuestra Senora De La Porteria Parish Church (THAT is a mouthful) was established as a settlement by people relocating from Cagsawa, who feared another eruption of the Mayon Volcano in that region. 


This is a popular wedding destination with its beautiful facade and rich history. 



And this is also where you can see Mayon Volcano in its beauty. I was really thrilled to see a glimpse of it when we were in this church. 

I have more in store for you guys so check back real soon! 

Much Love!

xx ALice

No comments:

Post a Comment