Sunday, October 23, 2011

Enderun Colleges Pastry Demo Experience



Ola ladies! 

Okay so I went to Enderun Colleges last Saturday to see their free pastry demo. 

It was actually really cool to visit this school since I have seen this every time I am in Venice Piazza. I actually thought it was an art school than a culinary school.

The call time for the event was 10am but of course transportation within the Quezon City area was not cooperating with me so I had to leave at around 8am. 

When I got there I met up with a new blogger friend named Tin ^^, She is gorgeous! and we just chatted for a couple of minutes when we were told that the event was about to start. 

The chef that was doing the demo for that day was chef Jasmine Magallanes, and she made 3 pastries which are from the easiest to the more advanced ones. I think the hardest that she made was the lower left picture at the start of this blog. 

We were also toured around the school. I was really impressed with the architectural work of the schools, especially the one for the management courses because the facade is like the ones in a hotel. The pastry that we tried is also amazing. I was really impressed with the facilities and their curriculum. 

I also like their curriculum because it showcases the art of making great food and also the business side of it too. They have extension courses which run for 3 months and also they have 15 month courses.

I am thinking of entering this school in the future, but for now I will just have to wait for the right moment since I have more things to do now. I will just have to learn by my own I guess. 

One thing I learned from the pastry demo is that its better to measure your ingredients by grams than cups and tablespoons, because in that way it is more precise. And their is also a scientific side in cooking in which I will have to learn in the future. 

By the way all pictures of the event would be posted on my Facebook page.  

Well that is my post for today! 

Thank you so much for reading my post, If you do have any thing to say please comment below on the comment box and I'll talk to you soon! 

Much love! 

-- Alice

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Cheers to future pastry chefs..nice to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I wish I could cook!

    Btw, there's still time to join my giveaway, if you haven't yet: http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com/2011/10/impulse-co-x-bangkok-goodies-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete