Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Flat tops and my childhood

picture from google

I remember when I was a kid, I'm still a kid (at heart), that I would snack on to one of these after dinner. Its either this or chocknut. Me and my dad had those mannerisms after we eat we will have to eat something sweet to at least lessen the umay.  Don't ask me what that is, I don't know the english term LOL.
My dad's diabetic so I usually get 70% of the chocolate he has then I would have another one on the fridge waiting to be eaten haha!

Flat tops is a chocolate here in the Philippines which has been around for a long time. Most kid of the 90's would know this chocolate and its other variant which is the curly tops. 

I preferred flat tops over curly tops is you ask me.  I like the creaminess of flat tops, its not like the ones from Hershey's or other chocolate brands out there. 

picture from google

I admit I can finish 5 of these in 5 minutes or less so usually I would share this with my nephew and niece. 

What I love about this is its a Philippine made product so that means that we are able to enjoy what is here in our country. This is also very cheap. You can buy one pack for at least 30 pesos (approx .69 USD)

Flat tops actually melt quite fast so I suggest you put them in a cold dry place so you won't have melted chocolate. 

I actually use flat tops when I make chocolate icing, but that is for another post.

Have you tried this chocolate? What is your most fond memory with this chocolate? 

Share it on the comment box below and I will talk to you soon.

Much Love! 

-- Alice


1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Chocolate Bouquet Philippines

    ReplyDelete